Friday, March 30, 2012

Feed Me Friday: Broccoli & Mushroom Pasta


Easy peasy.

Saute garlic and mushrooms in olive oil.  Do the mushrooms in batches if you think you'll be crowding your pan as otherwise your mushies will be mushy.

Steam or microwave a head of broccoli florets.

Cook your favourite pasta shape.

Add drained broccoli to pan and sprinkle with stock powder and salt to taste. Squeeze some lemon to taste over the top.

Add pasta with a little of the cooking water.

Toss.  Serve.  Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts or untoasted poor-man's pine nuts (sunflower seeds).  Add more lemon juice or generously dust with parmesan (off the block I recommend as opposed to shaken from the can).

I almost insult you with writing out this delicious recipe as it is pretty obvious from the photo but what isn't obvious is its yumminess!


2 comments:

  1. You can't lose with pasta can you? That looks so good! Not so many mushroom fans here, sadly, and the carnivores would require some chicken or bacon, but smothered in parmesan and black pepper, yours would do me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! Two of my loves! Broccoli and mushrooms :) I'm doing lent for Christmas at the moment and this dairy (I'll lay off the parmesan for now), egg, meat free recipe is perfect! Thanks for sharing Fiona.

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete

Hey thanks for popping by! I read all your comments and really try and get to your blog too. Despite my good intentions, I don't always reply to each message but I am very grateful for the time you take in sharing your thoughts with me. Word verification is back up because I am getting spammed big time. So thanks for taking that extra step in commenting. Blessings, Fi xxxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...