Wednesday, January 2, 2013

How I will pray for my children



I saw this on Pinterest originally from here.

I love it.  I have been praying generic prayers for my kids.  For them to have good health, to be good people and to look always to Jesus.  But I have always thought that I should be more specific and claim promises from the bible.  And then I find this gem, pinned by a delightful pinner and friend, Vanessa.

I'm not one for new year resolutions as they seem to be in of themselves set up for failure.  Instead, I am going to 'purpose in my heart' (Daniel 1:8) to uphold Christ and all that He taught.  To be the mother He needs me to be.  And to remember that my first mission field is here in my home.

Happy New Year!  2013.  *sigh*

When I was little, I used to wonder what I would be like in 2000.  And that being 23 was so old and mature.  Well, we are now 13 years passed and I am into my 36th year and I have two boys and a husband and many many things that I never imagined could have happen have happened.  Reflection is mind blowing.  Today I think it is better for me to focus on the future and to grab hold of my Saviour's hand.

I hope your new year is filled with many blessings and crafty exploits.  I'm currently working on a stashed UFO that needn't remain unfinished for another year.

What do you want for your children?
Are you working on any UFOs?
Have you made any resolutions?

See you round like a fruit loop.

xxx

3 comments:

  1. Happy new year, Fiona. Can't wait to see the UFO when it's a FO. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this ...thanks for sharing. a great reminder of those important things we want for our kids. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice way to put into words what we all want for our kids but couldn't quite express.

    ReplyDelete

Hey thanks for popping by! I read all your comments and really try and get to your blog too. Despite my good intentions, I don't always reply to each message but I am very grateful for the time you take in sharing your thoughts with me. Word verification is back up because I am getting spammed big time. So thanks for taking that extra step in commenting. Blessings, Fi xxxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...