Thursday, May 12, 2011

My Creative Space :: knitting therapy



Yes, I know, it has been 2 weeks since my last blog post.  I am sorry!  I did not intend to shut you out these past two weeks but . . . . too many personal and highly sensitive issues going on that I couldn't tell you and my mood was very low.  I have felt such disappointment, sadness, shock, displacement and lack of direction recently that I didn't want to bring the world down with me.  Prayer, reading His promises and confiding in those I trust most have brought me out of this darkness.  And carrying me through the anxiety ? . . . knitting of course!

I would love to tell you more about this little project but I will wait until it is complete.   It is a gift for someone I love very much.  It has such a sweet little 'butterfly' stitch, can you see it?  It will look better when finished and blocked.  I already have plans for this stitch in other garments too. . .  really leaning towards aqua and chocolate next . . . gotta get some more yarn!!!

Now, back to Our Creative Spaces (sad about no more space on Kootoyoo but I understand!)

xxx

6 comments:

  1. Good to see you back blogging. I wondered why you were quiet. Hope you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better now. Take care and keep on knitting, it makes you feel good to achieve, especially when it looks so beautiful and the colour is gorgeous. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been feeling pretty the same way in the past 10 days, I feel sad and as if my life didn't belong to me. Trying to keep things in perspective.
    Knitting is a good antidote and the butterfly stitch looks awsome, especially knitted with this beautiful wool,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiona I hope you are in a better space now, I was feeling pretty overwhelmed by everything last week so took a step back from it all.

    Love this stitch and colour and think it would look great in aqua too, a colour I am drawn to at the moment :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of this stitch. I'm sure it will be gorgeous when it is finished. Just promise we will get to see the finished article! Sorry you've had such a bad couple of weeks. I hope things are getting easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knitting is the best therapy! Lovely looking knitting!

    ReplyDelete

Hey thanks for popping by! I read all your comments and really try and get to your blog too. Despite my good intentions, I don't always reply to each message but I am very grateful for the time you take in sharing your thoughts with me. Word verification is back up because I am getting spammed big time. So thanks for taking that extra step in commenting. Blessings, Fi xxxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...