Friday, July 20, 2012

Isabella's Cardi


I purchased this pattern a while ago, not knowing who I was going to knit it for.  And then I met Isabella.  She is an adorable 2 year old with equally exquisite parents so I just had to knit her this darling cardi.


I wasn't sure if this colour was appropriate for a toddler but it is good to venture away from true pinks I think.  This is Bendigo Woollen Mills Classic 8ply in Nectarine.  I couldn't decide if it was pink or orange.  But for a spring cardi, I think it will work.  And team it up with aqua or white or cream or whatever!

And can I just say how much I am impressed with the layout of this pattern.  It is so clearly written and it has no seams! Joy!  The only challenge, and this is a challenge for me only I am sure, is the picking up of stitches.  I always seem to struggle with picking up stitches.  But it turned out fine!




The other slight disappointment in my current knitting skillage is my use of DPNs.  I didn't have the suggested 30cm length circular needle so DPNs it was.  It means that the sleeves look a little gappy here and there, even after pressing (as pictured above - I won't mislead you, I am very much still refining my technique!)




And you know what else?  I didn't realise this pattern was a Tikki Knit by Georgie Hallam.  I only realised this when I was entering Kate's giveaway!**

You can find more patterns by Georgie Hallam here and check her blog out here

For the Ravellers out there, deets are here

xx

 **this week only- the winner will be announced 23 July 12 so click over to Foxslane if you haven't already (I know you, you have already entered, haven't you?!  Good!)


5 comments:

  1. I love Georgie's pattern! This is gorgeous Fi, you have don't a great job. Until I read the colour I was thinking watermelon is perfect for spring :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour...you have done such a great job xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmygoodness, it is gorgeous!!!
    I'm even happier now that you won my giveaway because I know you'll love her patterns as much as I do.
    I think that number generator thingy knows what it is doing.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Elisa. If I knew how to use my camera properly, I would have been able to capture the colour better. It truly is the orangey-pink of a nectarine skin, and so much nicer in real-life. I love the cardi too, I just wish I had daughters to knit for :-( But I've got plenty of little girl friends and great neices (yes, I said great-neice, obviously great on my husband's side hahaha) xxx

      Delete

Hey thanks for popping by! I read all your comments and really try and get to your blog too. Despite my good intentions, I don't always reply to each message but I am very grateful for the time you take in sharing your thoughts with me. Word verification is back up because I am getting spammed big time. So thanks for taking that extra step in commenting. Blessings, Fi xxxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...