Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wednesday's WIP Out :: Green Tea Leaves Part 2




She's coming along.  Autumn blew in on ANZAC day and I resented not spending more time on knitting this cardi. You can see that I am on the first sleeve which is knitted in the round.  The red yarn is just a marker, it was holding my stitches while I completed the cardi's body.  I love that this cardi has no seams!  I am knitting it on smaller than recommended needles as I didn't have the right ones.  This means that the yoke doesn't look as it should and hopefully it will still fit me!

Using the wrong sized needles isn't the only error I have made due to my lack of experience.  I have run out of yarn.  Sadly, Bendigo Woollen Mills have run out of this dye-lot and I am on to the next.  Thankfully it is almost a dead match.  So I have learnt not only to read the pattern properly but to remember that Bendigo Woollen Mills do run out of dye-lots quickly!

I have also discovered that I haven't been doing M1 stitch accurately.  I stumbled across this fact when thumbing through my knitting bible looking up another stitch.  I was not twisting it before knitting it.  Oh well.  Explains all the holes I was getting in my garments thus far.

I am looking forward to trying out this increase technique too.  I discovered this after I made my increases under the sleeve so I will have to try it out next time.

Ok so I am going to knit like the clappers and get this on for Monday.  What do you think my chances are?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey thanks for popping by! I read all your comments and really try and get to your blog too. Despite my good intentions, I don't always reply to each message but I am very grateful for the time you take in sharing your thoughts with me. Word verification is back up because I am getting spammed big time. So thanks for taking that extra step in commenting. Blessings, Fi xxxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...