Friday, December 24, 2010

CHRISTmas - blessings to you



Friday nights we like to catch up with a family that lives near us.  They either come to our place for dinner or we go to theirs.  It is such a lovely evening.  We eat yummy food then read a bible story to the children and sing songs.  All the instruments come out which consist mainly of toy instruments (none are in tune) and make-shift maracas made from containers filled with rice.  We joyously sing "Jesus Loves Me" and "Into My Heart" with as much gusto as we can and laugh and make noise.  This is such a highlight of my week.

I feel like we celebrate Christmas every week!  And really, we do.  Not Santa Claus Christmas and not Shop-til-you-drop Christmas and not "arrgghh we have to go here and here and here on Christmas"-Christmas, we celebrate CHRISTmas - Jesus. 

I was reminded by my friend that although Christmas is about the birth of Jesus, WE get the birthday presents . . . and in fact the presents are often the focus, not the birth of Jesus.


birth-of-jesus
Picture from http://www.lostseed.com/

My prayer this Christmas is that as we give and receive, let us not forget Jesus.

"But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons (& daughters)." Galatians 4:4-5

Merry Christmas and much love,

Fiona (Brave & New!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey thanks for popping by! I read all your comments and really try and get to your blog too. Despite my good intentions, I don't always reply to each message but I am very grateful for the time you take in sharing your thoughts with me. Word verification is back up because I am getting spammed big time. So thanks for taking that extra step in commenting. Blessings, Fi xxxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...